Welcome to today’s devotional. As we meditate on today’s devotional of “the power and the glory”, we would be reminded, once again, of the greatness of our God and His sovereignty over all things.
Join me as we explore the power and glory of God and how it impacts our lives as believers.
Let’s get started!
» Sunday, 7th May 2023 | I Stand In The Gap Daily Devotional | The Power and the Glory.
- Previous daily devotional: “The Confidence to Live“
- Today’s daily devotional: “The Power and the Glory”
Anchor verse of the day
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as head over all.1 Chronicles 29:11 (NKJV)
King David expresses his awe and adoration for God’s power and glory in this verse. He acknowledges that everything in heaven and on earth belongs to God and that He reigns over all.
The central theme in 1 Chronicles 29:11
- The Magnificence of God’s Power and Glory: It emphasizes the sovereignty of God and His superiority over all earthly powers and possessions, as well as His faithfulness to His people and His desire to bless them abundantly.
Similar Bible verse to 1 Chronicles 29:11
You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory, honor, and power; For You created all things, And by Your will, they exist and were created.Revelation 4:11 (NKJV)
This verse is a part of John’s vision of the throne room of God in heaven, where he sees the twenty-four elders falling down before God, worshiping Him for His worthiness to receive glory, honor, and power.
Like 1 Chronicles 29:11, this verse highlights the sovereignty and power of God as the Creator of all things, and the proper response of all creatures is to worship Him and acknowledge His greatness.
When should the believer proclaim the magnificence of God’s glory?
- In times of praise and worship: It’s essential to declare the magnificence of God’s glory during moments of praise and worship to honor and exalt Him.
- In times of trouble and distress: When we face challenging times, we can declare God’s glory, reminding ourselves that God is powerful enough to deliver us from our trials.
- In times of victory: When we overcome obstacles, achieve goals, or experience blessings, we should acknowledge God’s glory and give Him the honor for our successes.
- In times of gratitude: We can proclaim God’s glory in moments of thanksgiving and express our appreciation for all the good things He has done in our lives.
- In times of evangelism: As we share the gospel with others, we can proclaim the magnificence of God’s glory, highlighting His greatness and inviting others to experience His goodness.
- In times of confession: As we confess our sins and seek forgiveness, we can proclaim God’s glory by acknowledging His righteousness and mercy.
- In times of worship in nature: When we experience God’s creation, we can proclaim His glory by marveling at the beauty and power of His handiwork.
- In times of teaching and preaching: As we share the Word of God with others, we can proclaim His glory by emphasizing His wisdom and truth.
- In times of blessings: When we experience blessings and favor, we can proclaim God’s glory, recognizing that every good and perfect gift comes from Him.
- In times of fellowship with other believers: As we gather with other believers, we can proclaim God’s glory by sharing our testimonies and encouraging one another in faith, and many more.
Reflection on the Power and the Glory
The phrase “The Power and the Glory” speaks to the majestic and mighty nature of God. It highlights the grandeur of His presence and the infinite power at His disposal. As we reflect on 1 Chronicles 29:11, we are reminded that our God is worthy of all praise, honor, and glory.
When we acknowledge God’s power and glory, we put our trust in Him, knowing that He is capable of handling any situation or challenge we may face. We can be assured that no matter what we’re going through, He is with us and His strength will sustain us.
As we reflect on “The Power and the Glory,” let us be humbled by the vastness of God’s love and mercy towards us. May we continually seek His presence, honor Him in all we do, and give Him the glory that is due to His name.
Prayer points for “The Power and the Glory”
- Gratitude: Thank God for His power and glory which is beyond measure and for the blessings He has given in your life.
- Wisdom: Ask God to grant you wisdom and understanding to see His power and glory at work in your life, to recognize His hand in your daily experiences, and to glorify Him in everything you do.
- Reverence: Ask God to help you to live in awe of His power and glory, to fear Him, and to honor Him with all that you have and all that you do.
We thank you for your power and your glory which are beyond human comprehension. We pray that You grant us the grace to continually recognize Your majesty in our lives and give us the courage to proclaim Your greatness to the world.
Father, help us to always rely on your power and not our own strength, and to seek your glory in all that we do.
May your name be glorified in our lives today and always. In Jesus’ mighty name, we pray, Amen.