Find success in life by being rooted in God’s word with this stepping stones to success devotional, fiund in Psalm 1:3. With this, the aim is to base all we do on the Word of God for success.
» Sunday, 22nd January 2023 | I Stand In The Gap Daily Devotional | Stepping Stones to Success
Yesterday’s daily devotional theme was “God’s Masterpiece: Walking in Godly Consciousness” and today’s is about “stepping stones to success”.
He shall be like a treePsalm 1:3 (NKJV)
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
Our anchor verse is simply a metaphor that compares a person who delights in and meditates on the law of the Lord to a tree planted by a river, which is able to withstand the heat and dryness of the desert. The tree is able to flourish and bring forth fruit because it has a constant source of water.
Similarly, when we delight in and meditate on God’s word, we become firmly rooted in Him and His ways, which brings forth the fruit of success in our lives. It’s a reminder that success in life is not based on our own abilities but on our reliance on God and His provision for us. It’s an encouragement to meditate on God’s word and obey it, so that we may prosper and be successful in all that we do.
Themes in Psalm 1:3 (stepping stones to success)
- Delight: Delighting in God’s word is an important aspect of a person’s relationship with God.
- Meditation: Meditating on God’s word is an important aspect of understanding and obeying it.
- Prosperity: Prosperity is a common theme throughout the Bible, and it refers to success and well-being, both physically and spiritually.
- Rootedness: The verse compares a person who delights in the law of the Lord to a tree planted by a river, this metaphor emphasizes the idea of being firmly rooted in God and His ways.
- Success: The verse states that “whatever he does shall prosper” which implies that the person who delights and meditates on the law of the Lord will be successful.
- Obedience: The verse implies that obedience to God’s word is connected with success and prosperity.
- Trust: The verse encourages us to put our trust in God and rely on Him to guide us, which is an important aspect of a person’s relationship with God.
- Fruitfulness: The verse states that the tree brings forth its fruit in its season. Fruitfulness is a common theme throughout the Bible, and it refers to producing good works, spiritual growth, and being a blessing unto others.
- Endurance: The verse states that the leaf of the tree shall not wither, which implies that the person who delights and meditates on the law of the Lord will be able to endure difficult times.
- God’s provision: The verse compares the person to a tree planted by the rivers of water, this metaphor emphasizes the idea of God’s provision for the person, and the idea that His word is a source of life and nourishment.
Psalm 1 is basically about wisdom, hence a wisdom psalm. It serves as a guide for the reader on how to live a blessed and fulfilled life. The psalm is divided into two parts, the first part (verses 1-2) describes the blessedness of the person who delights in the law of the Lord and meditates on it day and night. The second part (verses 3-6) contrasts the blessed person with the wicked person.
Psalm 1:3 is a verse that emphasizes the importance of being rooted in God’s word, meditating on it, and obeying it.
Commit your works to the Lord,Proverbs 16:3
And your thoughts will be established.
This verse reminds us that true success in life comes from committing our works and our thoughts to the Lord. It teaches that when we trust in God and rely on Him to guide us, He will establish our thoughts and our plans.
Further, it reminds us that success in life is not based on our own abilities but on our reliance on God and His guidance. It teaches that when we commit our works and thoughts to the Lord, He will establish them, which is a reminder that success is not only about achieving our goals but also about aligning our goals with God’s plan for us.
This verse is a call to trust in God and allow Him to guide our steps, it’s an encouragement to put our trust in God and let Him guide our steps, rather than relying on our own understanding. It’s a reminder that true success comes from being rooted in God and His ways.
For Christians today, this verse serves as a reminder that true success is not about achieving our own goals, but about aligning our lives with God’s plan and purpose for us. It reminds us that when we put our trust in God and rely on Him for guidance, He will establish our thoughts and plans, and we will be able to accomplish great things beyond our imagination.
The verse also serves as a reminder of the importance of being rooted in God’s word, by meditating on it and obeying it. See, in a world where there are so many distractions, it’s easy to become disconnected from God’s word, and this verse reminds us to make it a priority in our lives.
Additionally, Psalm 1:3 reminds us that obedience to God’s word is the key to success and prosperity in everything we do, and it’s a reminder that true success comes from aligning our lives with God’s plan and purpose for us.
As we begin this day, we come to you in prayer, asking for your guidance and wisdom as we strive for success in our lives. We commit ourselves to be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, and whose leaf shall not wither.
We know through Psalm 1:3 that true success comes from being rooted in you and your ways, and we ask for your help in meditating on your word and obeying it.
We ask for the wisdom to discern your will for our lives, and the strength to obey it. We pray for the power of your Spirit to work in our hearts and minds, so that we may be guided by your truth and your love.
We pray for the courage to trust in you, even when the path ahead is uncertain. We pray for the perseverance to keep moving forward, even when we encounter obstacles and resistance.
We ask that you would establish our thoughts and our plans, so that they may be in alignment with your will for our lives. We trust that whatever we do, it shall prosper.
We thank you for the promise of guidance and provision as we take the next step on our journey toward ultimate success. We trust in your faithfulness Father, to hear and answer our prayers, and in your love to divinely sustain us.
In Jesus’ mighty name, we pray, Amen.