If you’re looking for ways to increase your Christian faith for healing, then this is for you. We’ll share the steps you can take to grow your faith and achieve inner peace.
Why is faith necessary for healing?
Faith is necessary for healing because it is only through faith that we can receive the promises of God.
In His word, God tells us that He is the healer of all diseases (Exodus 15:26). He also tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6). These are just two of the many promises that God has made to His people.
In order to receive these promises, we must have faith.
Without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). This means that if we do not have faith, we cannot receive the healing that God has promised us. Faith is not a work that we do; it is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9).
This means that we cannot increase our faith on our own. We must ask God to increase our faith.
- One way to increase our faith is by meditating on Scripture. As we meditate on God’s Word, He will begin to speak to us and reveal His truth to us. This will help increase our faith because we will be reminded of who God is and what He has done in the past. We will also be reminded of His promises for our future.
- Another way to increase our faith is by spending time in prayer. As we spend time talking with God, He will begin to reveal Himself to us in new ways. We will also be reminded of His love for us and His desire to heal us. As we spend time in prayer, our relationship with God will grow stronger and our faith will be increased.
How can I increase my faith in healing?
- First, you need to understand that faith is a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8).
- Second, you must realize that your faith is activated by what you say (Mark 11:23).
- Third, know that your faith grows through hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
- Lastly, meditate on Scriptures about healing such as Psalm 103:3; Matthew 8:17; and 1 Peter 2:24.
What are some scriptures that promote healing?
Healing is a process that may take time. It may not happen overnight. To help the healing process along, here are some scriptures you can meditate on each day.
|But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes, we are healed.
|I am the Lord who heals you.
|He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
|And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name, they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.
What are some testimonies of healing through faith?
There are many testimonies of people who have received healing through faith.
One testimony comes from my own mother, Mrs. Victoria Brako, who at the age of 60 had cancer. She began to pray and ask God to heal her. As she prayed, she felt her faith increase. She is now 80+ and totally healed.
She also started attending a Christian healing service. After attending the service, she felt her cancerous tumor shrinking. She continued to pray and believe that God would heal her completely. Within one year, she was completely healed of cancer and had no remaining trace of the disease.
Another testimony comes from a man named Kuku who had been in a car accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. He had been told by doctors that he would never walk again.
However, he decided to put his faith in God and believe that God would heal him. He started attending a Christian healing service and after a while, he felt his legs getting stronger. Eventually, he was able to walk again and is now completely healed.
These are just two examples of the many testimonies of people who have received healing through faith.
In the Bible too, there are countless examples of people who got healed due to their faith in God.
How can I pray for healing?
When we pray for healing, we are asking God to do something that we cannot do on our own. We are asking God to intervene in a physical or emotional situation and to make us well again.
There is no one right way to pray for healing. You can talk to God in your own words, or you can use prayers that others have written. The main thing is to be sincere in your request and to believe that God can heal you.
Here are some tips for how to pray for healing:
- Pray with faith: Believe that God can heal you and that he will answer your prayer.
- Pray specifically: Tell God exactly what you need him to heal.
- Pray with expectancy: Anticipate that God will answer your prayer and that you will experience his healing power in your life.
- Pray persistently: Don’t give up if you don’t see an immediate answer to your prayer. Continue to trust God and have faith that he will answer in his time and in his way. Pray regularly. This is perhaps the most important thing you can do to increase your faith. Spend time talking to God each day, and ask him to help you grow in faith.
- Read the Bible: As you read God’s Word, your faith will be strengthened and you’ll better understand his will for your
What are some things to avoid when seeking healing?
When seeking healing, it is important to avoid things that could hinder your growth in faith. Below are some examples of what to avoid:
- Doubt: Doubting that God can or will heal you can prevent you from receiving His healing power.
- Unbelief: Unbelief is another barrier to healing. It is essential to believe that God is powerful and that He wants to heal you.
- Fear: Fear can cause you to miss out on God’s best for your life. He has good plans for you, so don’t let fear prevent you from experiencing all that He has for you.
- Lack of knowledge: Not knowing what the Bible says about healing can keep you from growing in your faith and receiving all that God has for you. Be sure to study His Word and learn all you can about His promises for your life.
Reasons to Believe God Will Keep His Word
God can be relied upon to uphold all of His promises to us, even when others disappoint us, which they always will.
- He is sincere: Neither is God a man who would lie nor is He a “son of man” who would turn from His ways. He has spoken, and will He not act? Or has He already spoken, and won’t He make it right? Numbers 23:19
- He is righteous and upright because He is the Rock, and His work is flawless: He is a God of truth and without injustice, and all of His ways are justice (Deuteronomy 32:4).
- He is capable: Fully persuaded that He could carry out what He had promised (Romans 4:21).
- He is ready: As soon as Jesus reached out to touch him, He said, “I am willing; be cleansed.” His leprosy was immediately cured (Matthew 8:3).
- He who calls you is faithful and will carry out what he has promised (1 Thessalonians 5:24).
- No matter how unfaithful we are, He stays true because He cannot deny Himself (2 Timothy 2:13).
We will discover our justification for believing that God will maintain His promises if we take the time to read and reflect on these Scriptures.
How Do We Build Believing Faith?
As we learn to place our faith in God’s ability to fulfill His promise of healing, our faith to believe in healing will grow. Romans 10:17 states that “Faith then comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
The Holy Spirit reveals the truth to us as we spend time in God’s Word about healing, and what was once difficult for us to believe now comes naturally.
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.1 Corinthians 2:14 (NKJV)
You will grow in your ability to believe in healing as you study God’s Word about it.
Stop the Cycle of Doubt for Increasing Faith for Healing
Some of you are still doubtful, yet there are many reasons why anyone could not trust God to heal them. The fact is that every one of us has free will and the ability to make decisions.
This is a strong gift from Elohim, and if we can use it wisely and submit our will to God’s Word, who knows what might happen?
But as you can see, we sometimes lose faith in God’s goodness and His promise to heal when we become hardhearted and brash. When our human efforts do not result in the expected outcomes, health, healing, and wholeness, we immediately turn to the world’s techniques first and feel frustrated, even to the point of hopelessness.
But we have the option to end this cycle of doubt in the here and now. Learning to believe begins with a good decision.
“If you can believe,” Jesus says to everyone, “then all things are possible for him who believes.” Some of you are reacting to Him and pleading with Him while crying, much like the man in Mark 9:23–25, who said, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
And our lovely Savior grants this request through His Word, showing us how to change our doubt into faith.
Steps to Regain Your Faith
- Recognize your unbelief as a sin and turn from it. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to wash us from all unrighteousness, according to 1 John 1:9.
- Request instruction on how to heal from the Holy Spirit. If anyone among you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without condemnation, and it will be given to him, says James 1:5.
- Read and consider the Bible’s teachings on healing. Do your best to present yourself to God as someone who is approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, and who correctly handles the word of truth, as instructed in Second Timothy 2:15.
- Morning, noon, and night meditate on the revivifying Scriptures. The conclusion is found in Joshua 1:8, which states, “This Book of the Law shall not leave from your mouth, but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein. Because after that, your path will be prosperous, and you will succeed well.
- Take advantage of technology by repeatedly listening to sermons that are meant to be restorative. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God,” says Romans 10:17, “and by hearing you have received faith.”
- Take captive every thinking that works to prevent healing. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but powerful in God for bringing down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, Second Corinthians 10:4-5 teaches us about spiritual warfare concerning our thoughts.
- Avoid reading or watching faithless movies and books that depict people dying from illness and disease. Proverbs 4:23 issues a warning: “Above all else, protect your heart, for it is from it that all other things flow.”
- Choose your friends wisely; if they discourage your faith to believe, then pray for someone who will believe with you. First Corinthians 15:33 states the importance of choosing friends wisely. It says, “Do not be deceived: ‘Evil company corrupts good habits.”
- Make sure that your words declare God’s healing power. Proverbs 18:21 teaches us about the power of the tongue. It declares, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
- Your actions must line up with healing as well. James 2:17 tells us that, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead”
How can I know if God is healing me?
There are many ways to find out if God is healing you. Some people feel an intense warmth or tingling in the affected area.
Others see the disfigured body part becoming normal before their eyes. Still, others feel extreme peace and joy or have a sudden knowledge about their condition.
What should I do after I am healed?
The steps for increasing Christian faith for healing are:
- Pray for continued healing.
- Read the Bible and other religious texts.
- Discuss your experience with other Christians.
- Attend religious services and events.
- Give thanks to God for your healing.
What if I am not healed?
There are a few things that you can do if you find yourself struggling with trusting God for your healing.
- The first and most important thing to remember is that God loves you and wants what is best for you. He is not withholding His healing from you because He is angry or because He does not love you.
- If you find it difficult to trust God for your healing, try asking Him to increase your faith. Faith is a gift from God, and like all gifts, it can be increased (2 Peter 1:5). As you ask God to increase your faith, He will give you the faith you need to trust Him for your healing.
- Another thing you can do if you are struggling to trust God for your healing is to spend time in His Word. As you read about His love for you and His faithfulness to His people, your faith will begin to grow (Romans 10:17).
- Finally, pray that God would give you the peace that comes from knowing that no matter what happens, He is in control (Philippians 4:6-7). As you surrender your fears and concerns to Him, He will give you His peace.
We have covered a lot of ground on this topic of faith healing. We have looked at what the Bible says about faith, how our faith affects our healing, and some practical ways to increase our faith.
As we conclude, let me leave you with my final thought: that complete healing is possible in Jesus’ name!