The believer ought to be prepared for a transformative journey where they’ll have to face the forces that want to prevent their spiritual development. In “Confronting Spiritual Opposition,” we look at the realities of spiritual conflict and arm ourselves with strong weapons to defeat the enemy’s strategies.
Learn how to fight back against the enemy’s tactics, maintain your composure, and win the fights we as believers wage.
Are you prepared to face and overcome the spiritual obstacles on your path?
» Thursday, 18th May 2023 | I Stand In The Gap Daily Devotional | Confronting Spiritual Opposition.
- Previous daily devotional: “The Guided Path: Hearing God’s Voice“
- Today’s daily devotional: “Confronting Spiritual Opposition”
Anchor Bible verse of the day
He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?Matthew 13:28 (NKJV)
This verse serves as a reminder that, despite the existence of evil and the brief chaos it may produce, God is in charge and will finally bring about justice and separation.
It encourages us to press on in the knowledge that God’s goals will ultimately succeed.
Background to Matthew 13:28
Jesus tells a parable in Matthew 13:28 about a field where wheat and tares (weeds) are growing together. While everyone is asleep, an enemy sows the tares. The servants approach the master after spotting the tares and admitting that an enemy was responsible for the concoction.
They ask for advice on whether they ought to collect and get rid of the tares.
This parable emphasizes the existence of spiritual resistance and the necessity of identifying and dealing with the enemy’s activities in our life.
It teaches us the value of facing spiritual resistance as well as the presence of good and evil in the world.
Similar Bible verse to Matthew 13:28
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV)
By highlighting the spiritual conflict believers confront, Ephesians 6:12 relates to the issue of “Confronting Spiritual Opposition”. It serves as a reminder that we are battling spiritual forces of darkness, not human foes.
This verse is a potent reminder that we are in unseen spiritual wars as well as ones that are physical or obvious. It emphasizes the necessity of being ready, donning the whole armor of God (as stated in the passages that follow), and actively engaging in spiritual combat in order to face and defeat the opposition we come against.
The Central theme in Matthew 13:28
- Unmasking the Adversary and Confronting Spiritual Opposition: It draws attention to the fact that Christians are not immune from the afflictions and evil plans of the enemy. Even if we have confidence in God, the enemy works nonstop to stifle our spiritual development, plant doubt, and sabotage our relationship with God. We can identify spiritual resistance, acquire discernment, and actively thwart the enemy’s attacks by identifying and dealing with it. Using God’s strength, being steadfast in their faith, and participating in spiritual combat, believers are encouraged by this subject to overcome challenges and triumph over the devil’s sufferings.
Reflection on “Confronting Spiritual Opposition”
As believers, we frequently encounter spiritual opposition along the way. Despite being vanquished by Christ, the enemy still makes efforts to hurt and hinder us. The enemy wants to weaken our faith and prevent our spiritual development through doubts, temptations, or challenges. We are not left vulnerable, though.
The book “Confronting Spiritual Opposition” serves as a reminder that, as God’s children, we are equipped to face and defeat the enemy’s strategies. It exhorts us to exercise caution, recognizing the enemy’s plans, and thwarting his assaults. We can find comfort and strength in the presence of God while we are suffering because we know that He has given us the spiritual protection and tools we need to endure.
Let’s think about the tactics the enemy uses and how they show themselves in our lives today. Do our doubts threaten to undermine our faith? Do our desires for the material world tempt us? Do our adversities test our resiliency? The first step in overcoming these obstacles is to recognize them.
Our weapons in this conflict are spiritual, not physical. The Bible, the force of prayer, and the presence of the Holy Spirit are our weapons. Let’s immerse ourselves in the truth of God, reviving our souls and strengthening our bodies. We communicate with our heavenly Father through prayer, asking for His direction, safety, and fortitude. We can identify the enemy’s lies and accept the liberating truth by following the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Keep in mind that we are not up against spiritual resistance alone. We have other Christians who can help and inspire us. We may support one another in prayer, exchange success stories, and band together to thwart the enemy’s plans.
Let us find encouragement in the promise of triumph through Christ while we face spiritual resistance. We discover the power to triumph in Him because He has already defeated the adversary. Let’s not let the difficulties we confront demotivate us; rather, let’s walk in the assurance of who we are as God’s children, knowing that the power of Christ resides within us and that it is stronger than any force arrayed against us.
May “Confronting Spiritual Opposition” give us the strength to confront the enemy head-on while maintaining our faith and achieving the victory that is rightfully ours in Christ. As our God is with us and His victory is certain, let us overcome the trials.
Prayer points for “Confronting Spiritual Opposition”
- Pray for discernment: Request from God the wisdom to recognize the strategies and plans of the enemy in your life. For the ability to recognize the difference between the voice of God and the voice of the enemy so that you can counter the lies and tricks of the enemy, pray.
- Pray for spiritual strength: Ask God to give you the strength you need to resist spiritual resistance. Ask Him for the bravery He needs to fend off temptation, doubts, and discouragement. Ask Him to give you His Spirit so you can be protected from the enemy’s attacks by wearing spiritual armor.
- Pray for victory and deliverance: Speak to God in prayer, pleading for His help and rescue from the hold of the devil. Whatever the enemy has done to you, whether it be in your thoughts, emotions, relationships, or situations, pray for victory in every area. Put your faith in God’s ability to release you from the enemy’s oppression and shatter every chain.
Prayer for “Confronting Spiritual Opposition” for today
We beg You, Father, for the supernatural fortitude to withstand the enemy’s assaults. Build up our faith, bolster our intellect, and protect our hearts. Fill us with Your Spirit and give us the spiritual weapons we need to face opposition with courage.
Lord, we seek Your help in confronting any spiritual opposition. Grant us wisdom to recognize the enemy’s tactics, strength to resist his lies, and deliverance from his affliction.
Equip us with Your armor and fill us with Your Spirit.
In Jesus’ precious name, we pray.